NoiseMap five is our flagship product. It can model vast projects (for example, a project could stretch over the whole of the UK) but it is also highly efficient on small projects as well.
- Almost all of its features are available without any special database installation.
- It is complete as sold and does not need any CAD, GIS or other software to make it work.
- It has a helpful User Interface, including built-in context sensitive help, that can be left in a permanent position on a second monitor if required.
- It can create models from digital maps and GIS Shapefiles, and can import from spread-sheets and NoiseMap Enterprise.
- It can show you the step-by-step calculation if required.
- It stores the results of calculations in its database so that you can recall any noise contour map or individual receiver results immediately.
- It is ideal for collaborative working with users in many locations, and can allow many computers (including multi-core machines) to participate in calculations.
We recommend that unless you have a specific need to use NoiseMap Enterprise (perhaps for backwards compatibility or regulatory needs) that you should buy a licence for NoiseMap five. There are many options for keeping the outlay low. You get one year of maintenance included with the full licence and there is no compulsory maintenance contract.
Enterprise Edition is a fully-featured noise mapping system ideal for those with small to medium projects, especially where there is a limited collaborative working. It can read digital maps in DXF format, but not in Shapefile format. NoiseMap Enterprise is recommended for those who require backward compatibility or specific regulatory needs.
Server-side software is the software that creates and runs the optional remotely-hosted databases used by NoiseMap five. You do not require this unless you wish to run your own remote databases with NoiseMap five, usually for very complex projects involving many participants in different locations.
Cloud server – gives you the additional benefits of the remote server – such as distributed calculations and collaboration between different locations – but relieves you of the task of managing a database server. You will be charged a modest monthly standing charge and charges for certain administrative tasks.
Transfer between NoiseMap Enterprise and NoiseMap five – You can transfer noise models between the two Editions, within the limitations of their capacity, although NoiseMap five is able to model certain features (such as building objects) that cannot be modelled in Enterprise Edition. These would be lost when transferring to Enterprise.
Click on the links for further information on the Capacity of the various versions of the software and for advice on hardware.
We will be pleased to advise – just email or telephone us.